Tuesday 16 October 2012

Hearts on Fire?

Please have a look at "Sunday Gems"  by clicking on the top link, and find  what our Pastor shared about the disciples who were joined by the risen Jesus as they walked to Emmaus, sad and despondent, 3 days after the crucifixion. Once He had been revealed to them, they said "Wow, no wonder our hearts were burning as He was speaking to us on the road!" (my literal interpretation!) Do we listen to Jesus, do we hear His Spirit within us, so that our hearts burn? So that we are warmed with His love, strengthened with His encouragement and wisdom and the revelation of Himself and the Father to us? So that we know we are connected with Him and know His presence with us? 
How can we stay connected and know that joy of His presence? As our Pastor encouraged us, we need to find ways which help us stay in that place.  There are so many ways we all know - but sometimes even reading our Bibles and prayer can seem distant and without any response within our hearts. Like the disciples we went there to find Him, but He was not there! 
Some years ago, I had a dream, which I have recorded and want to share it with you here:

In the dream, I was standing with a group of people. One young man was looking at me and saying, "How can I make my quiet time with God more interesting, less boring and routine?" And I immediately answered him, "There are 3 things you can do to keep your time with the Lord exciting, vibrant, refreshing and meaningful." Then I spoke these three things, which seemed to come from the heart of the Lord.

1//  ASK God to speak personally to me.
2//  RECEIVE His Word and His love. Wait.
3//  PRAISE Him. 

I told the man that both in his prayer and his reading of the Word to do the above. It means time, it means stopping and waiting to listen. When we truly expect to meet with God and hear Him, we will. And if God is present, how can ever the time be boring?? 

That was the dream exactly as I wrote it down. And, since I have put this into practice, it is amazing what I have heard the Lord speak to my heart. Try it! When you are feeling weak, He may call you "Overcomer". He may tell you in words from Song of Solomon how beautiful you are and how He loves to hear your voice and see your face. He may give you instructions for your day - in which case he will also fill you with the grace and strength you need for it! 

And then praise and thanksgiving and your heart love will flow back to HIM! 
Our hearts WILL burn, as we hear His sweet and wonderful voice revealing His love to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment