Monday 3 February 2014

The Honey Bee

It is a very long time since I wrote a post for this blog. For those, who have kept on looking, please accept my apologies! I believe God has told me to come back here and continue where I left off, trusting Jesus will give me words to help build up and teach and encourage. I was watching a TV nature programme the other day, and learnt that the little honey-bee lives only 6 weeks from when it emerges from its cell in the honeycomb. During that 6 weeks, it has tasks in the hive and then finally goes out to forage nectar. In the average bee's lifetime, it makes just one teaspoonful of honey! It makes us very thankful as we dip into our jar of honey to all the little bees who made it for us! It has made me think that however small we may consider our work or ministry for Jesus and with Jesus, one small teaspoon of honey adds in with all the other teaspoons to make a LOT of delicious nutritious sweet honey! ALSO, of course, the bee is busy pollinating the fruit trees and crops and flowers as it collects the nectar, and it does not even realise! Praise God - just go for it today, loving Jesus, collecting His nectar, and He will use you in ways you haven't dreamed of!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. Needed to hear and be reminded of this today. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great Becky! I am so glad. I know that you are doing a brilliant job raising your beautiful children. I am going to start a series on prayer and connecting with God, so watch this space!

    ReplyDelete