Monday 3 March 2014

"The shadow of His wings!" Psalm 36:7

Some time ago, I was stirred up  by hearing someone saying that because a colleague was ministering and doing the will of God, she was being attacked by the devil. Also, recently, I have heard more than once that extraordinary argument, saying, "I must be doing something right, because the enemy is attacking - with sickness, accidents, financial upheaval etc etc!" Where does it say that in the Bible? Does the Bible say anywhere that we will be under severe attack when we serve the Lord? No! My Bible tells me that, as a believer, I am hidden  with Christ in God. (Col 3:3) What safer place could there be? The enemy has to get through both my Saviour and my Father to reach me!

We have Psalm 91 and countless other references in the Old Testament alone to tell us that Almighty God is our strong tower and our refuge. He covers us with His feathers and keeps us safe from harm! Then in the New Testament, we are given all the armour in Ephesians 6 and told to stand strong in the battle, and that we are more than conquerors. Jesus commands us to ask that we may receive and our joy will be full!

Of course, there is an enemy against us! Peter describes him like a lion prowling around seeking whom he may devour, 1 Peter 5:8. (See also Psalm 17:9-12 ~ "My deadly enemies who  surround me ... he is like a lion that is eager to tear ... Arise O Lord, confront Him and bring him low!") 
Jesus is the  Lion of Judah! 
Now I can see that if a person is not watchful, because they get caught up in serving the Lord, then maybe satan will have an opportunity. But we have been given weapons of our warfare - we have been chosen to be victorious with Christ! We are overcomers - not because of what we do, but because of what HE has done on the cross. Once for all satan has been defeated. Read Colossians 2:8-15 and 2 Corinthians 10:3-7.

The war has been won. There are still battles to fight, but the Lord protects His children. Stay close to Him. That is the safe place. Don't allow the fear of lies that you can be harmed when you step out in the will of God. God's will is the safest place you can be!

You are the apple of God's eye and He keeps you SAFE! 
Deuteronomy 32:10
"He found him in a desert land and in the wasteland, a howling wilderness; he encircled him, He instructed him, he kept him as the apple of His eye.
As an eagle stirs up its nest, Hovers over its young, spreading out its wings, taking them up, carrying them on its wings..."

Why don't you pray the words of Psalm 17:7-9 and Psalm 18:1-3.

Ps 17:7-9
Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand, O You who save those who trust in You from those who rise up against them.
Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
From the wicked who oppress me, from my deadly enemies who surround me.

Ps 18:1-3
I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.

You are saved, you are delivered because you have been translated into the Kingdom of His light through the death of Christ on the cross for you! You are precious and chosen and a child of God. Hallelujah! Praise Jesus today! 






No comments:

Post a Comment