Tuesday 3 March 2020

Are You Afraid?

We are living in the days before Christ's coming! I know that the early church could have said that too nearly 2000 years ago! But we are certainly closer to that Day now, and surely all the signs are pointing to His near coming and Jesus warned us to watch out for them and be READY to welcome Him coming in His glory.One thing He said in this context was, 
" ... you will hear of wars and rumours of wars. See that you are not troubled or afraid or terrified ... " Matthew 24:6 and Luke 21:8.
 The New Living Translation translates it as "Don't panic!"

Well, as I write this blog, there is fear all around the globe because of the spread of the Corona virus. There have also been other disasters over the last months ncluding catastrophic fires in Australia and California, and now terrible floods in English towns, destroying homes and businesses, and covering huge areas of farmland, preventing the planting of spring crops. So many reasons to naturally be afraid. And let's be honest - fear so easily creeps in when we hear the news, and do not know at this stage whether there will be a global pandemic or not.

BUT "DO NOT BE AFRAID!" is the constant echo throughout the Bible. I have been writing out scriptures today and will use some of them in a series over the next few days. But I do recommend to all who read this, to start your own search for verses from the Bible which tell of God's protection and keeping for His children.

If you need assurance that you are His child, please click on the labels menu beside this blog on the title "Becoming a Christian". This article will tell you how to be sure that you are safe in Father's arms and accepted into His family through what Jesus Christ has done for you.  

I leave you today with the following verses from Hebrews to meditate on and take into your heart, and tomorrow will continue with more encouragement in this time of stress and often anxiety for ourselves and our families.

Hebrews 13: 5b,6 in the Amplified version of the Bible:

...be satisfied with your present circumstances and with what you have; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless, nor forsake nor let you down, relax My hold on you! Assuredly not!
So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm. I will not fear or dread or be terrified. What can man do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment