Thursday 12 March 2020

The LORD shall be your Confidence

Have you been listening to the news today? It could be terrifyng for so many. I can feel fear coming on board while I listen to the predictions of the escalation of the virus around the world. I am over 70, plus I have a mild lung condition - asthma, which was once serious, but, thanks to the Lord, I hardly notice it now and have minimal doses of inhaler. BUT it sure is scary - and I feel that tightening in my lungs. I am being honest, because I know many people are fearful and we cannot brush this under the carpet!

BUT we have an ANSWER!

And the ANSWER is JESUS! The same Jesus Who slept in the boat in the midst of a storm  - so bad that the disciples thought they were going to drown! (Mark 4:35-41) Jesus said at the outset to that trip, " Let us go over to the other side!". And when Jesus speaks, it happens, so He wasn't worried about the tempest! But his disciples were very afraid. Jesus is never  asleep or deaf to our cries, and He will see us through and bring about His full purpose for our lives. Wow, that brings comfort and strength!

As I have spent time with the Lord today, I have felt there are 2 main things we must do in this season:
1. Make sure we connect with God BEFORE we listen to any news in the morning. Try to read some of the Word, or speak out some scripture  before you get up, and ask the Holy Spirit to come close and speak to you, and to be your helper and guide, comforter and strength as Jesus promised. Let His oil permeate your being as you get out of bed! 
2. End our day with the Word of God - not the news or social media - but God's Word. Read it out loud if you are not disturbing your husband or wife! Declare it together!  Make sure your mind is soaked in the stong Word of God and then you will certainly sleep better! I have written some scriptures below about the peace God promises us in sleep.

Peter and I have a scripture we declare often in the morning:

The Lord is good,
A stronghold in the day of trouble;
And He 
knows those who trust in Him.
Nahum 1:7  

In between, during the day, ensure we have quality time in the Word and in God's presence. Talk to Him and let Him talk to you. Still your heart before Him. Let the gentle whispers of His grace warm your heart. Let His Word continually cleanse us from fear and trepidation, whether that fear is about getting ill, or, more likely, about how we will continue to get provisions and live our daily lives.

Here are some scriptures from the sure and faithful Word of God to help us. 

Psalm 3:5, 6
I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah
 I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.
 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me all around.

Psalm 4:8
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

     Proverbs 3:24
 Whenyou lie down, you will not be afraid;
Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror,
Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;

26 For the Lord will be your confidence ...

And here is one for some of us oldies!

Isaiah 46:3, 4
“Listen to Me, ..........
You who have been upheld by Me from birth,
Who have been carried from the womb:
 Even to your old age, am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

HALLELUJAH!

Take courage! God is with us!


This will be my last post for a few days as we will be away. 
God bless, and keep you and make His face to shine upon you!



No comments:

Post a Comment