Thursday 19 March 2020

"Peace Be Still!"

Jesus calms the roaring waves of confusion and uncertainty in our hearts! Jesus stills the fierce storms raging around us in these days! Let's come to Him over and over in our day and in the night when we wake. Let us bring to Him our concerns for ourselves, our own families and for our loved ones and communities. Let us pray for wisdom for a beleagured government.

Have a look at these verses in Psalm 56 from the Passion translation:

"But in the day that I am afraid, I lay all my fears before You and trust You with all my heart. What harm could man bring to me? With God on my side I will not be afraid of what comes. The roaring praises of God fill my heart, and I will always triumph as I trust His promises.
.............
I trust in the LORD. And I praise Him! I trust in the Word of God. And I praise Him! What harm could man do unto me? With God on my side I will not be afraid of what comes. My heart overflows with praise to God and for His promises. I will always trust in Him.
So I am thanking You with all my heart ..... "
Ps 56:3-4, 10-12.

Today, let it be praise to Jesus that is the roar in your heart - let praise replace the roar of the terrors of the pandemic and all its consequences. 

Trusting our Father goes hand in hand with thanksgiving and praise for Who He is and that He is faithful and has promised to care for us and protect us and keep us safe!

Tomorrow I will be sharing a little about the weapons of our warfare and the armour of God. Also please scroll down if you have missed previous posts, or click on individual posts in the right margin of this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment