Monday 9 March 2020

Choose to Trust

Do you remember how Joshua challenged the people of Israel to trust God as they overcame and settled the promised land? He declared,
     "As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD!" Joshua 24:15

Whether we are facing troubles such as the corona virus, or simply life's daily trials, we constantly have a choice to make. We may choose the way of the world and so open the door to worry, fear and unbelief, or seek God and find Him in the situation however small or big, but it is a choice every time. The Holy Spirit does indeed guide and prompt us, but we need to make that choice to listen to God and follow and believe Him and His Word! A friend wrote sharing her recent experience with me yesterday and I asked her permission to print it here. This is a true testimony of choosing faith and trust when everything else is trying to steal away peace:

"Yes times are very troubling indeed in our broken world.  This is the time we truly do need to stand on the Word.  Over the past three weeks J (her husband) has been abroad twice. ......I found the enemy handing me fear on a plate on a number of occasions associated with the spread of this virus and my job was to choose trust!  The Lord challenged me over this period ... was I in faith or fear? Because I couldn’t be in both!  So I started to declare the goodness of God over us and every member of our family and area of our lives.  The Lord ministered to me reassuring me that HE was not going anywhere and I could trust Him and his unfailing love and provision as He was unchanging and faithful and our good good God!  That I was loved by Him!" 

Let us all follow this example - we may feel fear attacking us, we may feel weak or in a mess - but let's get into the secret place of God's presence through Jesus Christ and find Him and His answers. It takes time and determination, setting our wills to choose Jesus!

In Joshua 23, he tells the elders of Israel to "cling to the Lord your God!" Choose to cling to God, and to His Word and promises. Choose to follow Him on an hour to hour basis!

" ..... but you shall hold fast to the Lord your God, as you have done to this day. 9 For the Lord has driven out from before you great and strong nations; but as for you, no one has been able to stand against you to this day. 10 One man of you shall chase a thousand, for the Lord your God is He who fights for you, as He promised you. 11 Therefore take careful heed to yourselves, that you love the Lord your God. .......
14 .... And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed. Joshua 23: 8-10, 14






No comments:

Post a Comment